Brown Elpis pendant lamp – other version
Toledo table lamp
Flash floor lamp
Medusa table lamp – First edition
Medusa table lamp – Second edition
Masselo table lamp
Arc floor lamp
Baobab table lamp
Bud pendant lamp
Green Marconi pendant lamp
Orange Marconi pendant lamp
Jolly pendant lamp
Teulada pendant lamp
Kuala pendant lamp
Other Harvey Guzzini – iGuzzini lamps
Harveiluce Elpis Pendant Lamp
Materials: White acrylic conical round lampshade. Round white acrylic diffuser on top. Chrome ring & parts. White acrylic canopy. Bakelite E27 socket.
Cord Length: 80 cm / 31.49”
Height: 25 cm / 9.84”
Width: ∅ 48 cm / 18.89”
Electricity: 1 bulb E27, 1 x 100 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Any type of light bulb can be used, not a specific one preferred.
Period: 1960s, 1970s – Mid-Century Modern.
Designer: The internal design team of iGuzzini (Ufficio tecnico interno).
Manufacturer: Harvey Guzzini, today named iGuzzini illuminazione S.p.A, via Mariano Guzzini, 37, 62019, Recanati, Italy.
Other versions: The Harveiluce Elpis pendant lamp exists in several colours. Brown, red, green, white…
A rare seen version, it does not appear in a catalogue, as far as we know. Below on this page is the most common version.
A table lamp in two sizes exists. This pendant lamp has the same width as the big table lamp. And also a floor lamp exists.
Elpis: In Greek mythology, Elpis is the female personification and spirit of hope.
In production from 1968 until 1982.
You can find these lamps with labels from Harveiluce, Harvey Guzzini, iGuzzini and MEBLO.
iGuzzini illuminazione was established in June 1958 by Raimondo Guzzini (born 1928) under the name Harvey. Harvey is derived from the famous movie ‘Harvey’ with James Stuart and the invisible rabbit Harvey from 1950. The initial production of enamelled copper objects was supplemented by decorative luminaires.
In the early sixties it became a family business when his 5 brothers joined the company. In 1962 Luigi Massoni was attracted to lead the design team. He worked for Fratelli Guzzini and Harvey Guzzini until 1976. Luigi Massoni designed many iconic lamps in that period.
The company still exists and changed the name in 1974 into iGuzzini and in 1981 to iGuzzini illuminazione.
Designers that worked for Harvey Guzzini – iGuzzini are, among others: Giò Ponti, Rodolfo Bonetto, Bruno Gecchelin, Renzo Piano, Norman Foster, Gae Aulenti, Piero Castiglioni, Jean-Michel Wilmotte, Mario Cucinella, Dean Skira, Renzo Piano, Massimo Iosa Ghini, Enzo Eusebi, Massimiliano e Doriana Fuksas, Jean-Marie Duthilleul, Maurici Ginès, Maurici Ginès, Roberto Pamio, Paul Andreau, Felice Ragazzo, Giuseppe De Goetzen, Franco Bresciani, Carlo Urbinati, Giuseppe Cormio, Ermanno Lampa, Sergio Brazzoli and of course Luigi Massoni.
Harvey Guzzini lamps were also sold under the brand name MEBLO. MEBLO is a Slovenian (Yugoslavia) company.
The MEBLO factory was founded in 1948 when Gorizia craftsmen joined forces and founded the Furniture Factory, later named Edvard Kardelj (communist leader and national hero of World War II). In 1950 the name changed in MEBLO.
At first, they made exclusive furniture, which was later supplemented with upholstered furniture, lighting, plastic and mattresses.
MEBLO also produced plastic chairs and tables, plasticised metal garden tables and chairs, plastic chairs for sports halls, plastic flower beds, mirrors and plastic bathroom equipment (design by Luigi Massoni), wooden set of club tables, shelves, buffet carts and mirrors (design by Gianfranco Frattini).
The last lamps were produced around 1990, 1991 until the break-up of Yugoslavia.
Today the company is named MebloJOGI. It only produces mattresses for beds.
Often named by its commercial name: Perspex, Plexiglas, Crylux, Acrylite, Lucite, is a thermoplastic.
Links (external links open in a new window)
Logo used between 1959 and 1964. Inspired by the 1950 film “Harvey“, starring James Stewart.
Logo used between 1965 and 1977. This logo was designed by Luigi Massoni.
The architect Massoni was invited to work with Harvey as the company’s art director, a move that gave further impetus to the idea of collaborating with designers.
Between 1967 and 1971, Ennio Lucini designed the catalogue for the DH (Design House) brand, under which lamps for home lighting were marketed.
Logo used from 1974 until today, designed by Advema G&R Associati. This logo embodied the company’s entire output, which was marketed under other brands such as DH, Doma and Atelier.
It was during this period that the company began making technical products. Spot and flood lights in particular.