Harvey Guzzini Flash Floor Lamp
Materials: Acrylic brown degrading lampshade with a chromed iron ring attached (glued). Chromed metal base with a cast iron counterweight inside. Chromed iron rod. Bakelite socket.
Height: 175 cm / 68.89”
Width: ∅ 48 cm / 18.89”
Base: ∅ 33 cm / 12.99”
Electricity: 1 bulb E27, 1 x 100 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Any type of light bulb can be used, but preferably a white/opaque or frosted bulb.
Period: 1960s, 1970s – Mid-Century Modern.
Designer: Studio 6G, the design team of Harvey Guzzini in 1968.
Manufacturer: Harvey Guzzini, Recanati, Italy, today named iGuzzini. In some countries they were also sold under the brand name Meblo. Meblo is a Croatian (Yugoslavian at that time) company that sold products from Harvey Guzzini. Meblo still exists.
Other versions: Also made as a pendant lamp and flush mount (Bud & Bud Grande), floor lamp (Clan) and a table lamp (small Clan only produced from 1968 to 1972).
Colours: white, gradient brown, opaque, green and orange. During the years some other colours were also produced. Also a white version with brass/gold coloured metal exists.
Plastic: Made up of a shell in thermoformed methacrylate double layer, with white interior and exterior colour, and a screen in thermoformed methacrylate white diffuser supported on a metal disc glued to the shell.
iGuzzini illuminazione was established in 1959 by Raimondo Guzzini under the name Harvey Creazioni. Harvey is derived from the famous movie ‘Harvey’ with James Stuart and the invisible rabbit Harvey from 1950.
The initial production of enameled copper objects was supplemented by decorative luminaires.
In the early sixties it became a family business when his 5 brothers joined the company. In 1962 Luigi Massoni was attracted to lead the design team. He worked for Fratelli Guzzini and Harvey Guzzini until 1976. Luigi Massoni designed many iconic lamps in that period.
The company still exists and changed the name in 1974 into iGuzzini and in 1981 to iGuzzini illuminazione.
Project year: 1968
Year of production starting: 1968
Year of production ending: 1981
Harvey Guzzini Flash floor lamp
Yellow – orange version
Logo used between 1959 and 1964. Inspired by the 1950 film “Harvey“, starring James Stewart.
Logo used between 1965 and 1977. This logo was designed by Luigi Massoni.
The architect Massoni was invited to work with Harvey as the company’s art director, a move that gave further impetus to the idea of collaborating with designers.
Between 1967 and 1971, Ennio Lucini designed the catalogue tor the DH brand, under which lamps for home lighting were marketed.
Logo used from 1974 until today, designed by Advema G&R Associati. This logo embodied the company’s entire output, which was marketed under other brands such as DH, Doma and Atelier.
It was during this period that the company began making technical products. Spot and flood lights in particular.