Staff Pendant lamp 5635
Materials: Frosted opal glass diffuser. Conical pale yellow aluminium lampshade. Some white painted metal parts. Metal E27 socket.
Cord Length: 100 cm / 39.37’’
Height: 27 cm / 10.62”
Width: ∅ 23 cm / 9.05”
Electricity: 1 bulb E27, 1 x 100 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Any type of light bulb can be used, not a specific one preferred.
Period: 1950s, 1960s – Mid-Century Modern.
Designer: To be appraised.
Manufacturer: Staff & Schwarz Leuchtenwerke GMBH, Lemgo, Germany.
Other versions: This Staff pendant lamp 5635 exists in several colours. Similar lamps also exists, but they have another number.
Staff Leuchten – Staff & Schwarz Leuchtenwerk (lighting plant) – was established by Alfred Staff and Otto Schwarz in Lemgo, (West) Germany in 1945.
Their business started as a shop for consumer goods in wood and metal as well as pesticide for controlling the Colorado potato beetle, a huge problem at that time.
Within a year they the company expanded with 15 employees and they produced the first wrought iron luminaires. Over the next three decades, Staff was to develop into a world leader in design excellence, receiving over 200 awards for their achievements.
Staff also collaborated with the Italian company Stilnovo. They published a joint catalogue in the 1970s. The Dutch Raak and the Danish Lyfa sold several lamps in the 60s and 70s. Several other companies did.
In 1994 Zumtobel bought the company.
Links (external links open in a new window)
History of the Staff company can be found here: 60 Years of Light from Lemgo – Zumtobel plant celebrates historic milestones