Vintageinfo – All About Vintage Lighting

Last Viewed

  • Martinelli Luce Bolla flush mount 1960 design: Elio Martinelli square curved white acrylic lampshade wall lamp
  • 1960s Lightolier aluminium double table lamp design: Gerald Thurston round base conical perforated lampshades brass goosenecks
  • Paavo Tynell Taito Idman 9227 desk lamp flat round base white lampshade elongated slots 1950s 1960s
  • Quadrille flush mount 4 bronze copper coloured aluminium square beams lampshade 1970s Raak Viervoud Lightolier

Vintageinfo Google Search

The content of this website is subject to copyright. It is forbidden to copy the text for any purpose, including commercial uses such as the sale of lamps through e-commerce websites. Please respect the work of the owner. Thank you in advance.

All Rights Reserved. Please link to the items, do not copy!

Staff Pendant Lamp 5517

Materials: Round brown metallic painted plastic lampshade. Hexagonal round perforated design on top. Chromed metal mirror/reflector. Porcelain E27 socket.

Cord Lenght: 120 cm / 47.24”

Height: 15 cm / 5.90”

Width: ∅ 20 cm / 7.87”

Electricity: 1 bulb E27, 1 x 100 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Any type of light bulb can be used, but a silver tipped light bulb is recommended.

Period: 1970s – Mid-Century Modern.

Designer: Arnold Berges (no information can be found about the designer).

Manufacturer: Staff & Schwarz Leuchtenwerke GMBH, Lemgo, Germany.

Other versions: This Staff pendant lamp 5517 exists in several sizes and colours. Also made as a wall lamp, spotlight, spotlight on rail, table lamp, floor lamp. Versions were made for a normal bulb, but also for a PAR 38 spotlight.

Model number: 5517 – 100 watt.

Models 5508, 5509, 5518, 5519, the same lamps but different colours, received an iF Design Award in 1973. (discipline: product) Also the table lamp model 1163 (yellow) and 1165 (white), floor lamp (model 1169) and the wall lamp (model 1176) were awarded.

Staff 

Staff LeuchtenStaff & Schwarz Leuchtenwerk (lighting plant) – was established by Alfred Staff and Otto Schwarz in Lemgo, (West) Germany in 1945.

Their business started as a shop for consumer goods in wood and metal as well as pesticide for controlling the Colorado potato beetle, a huge problem at that time.

Within a year they the company expanded with 15 employees and they produced the first wrought iron luminaires. Over the next three decades, Staff was to develop into a world leader in design excellence, receiving over 200 awards for their achievements.

Staff also collaborated with the Italian company Stilnovo. They published a joint catalogue in the 1970s. The Dutch Raak and the Danish Lyfa sold several lamps in the 60s and 70s. Several other companies did.

In 1994 Zumtobel bought the company.

If Design award 1973

Staff Pendant Lamps 5517 Berges design round brown hexagonal perforated plastic lampshade metal reflector 1970s MCM

Staff Pendant Lamps 5517 Berges design round brown hexagonal perforated plastic lampshade metal reflector 1970s MCM