Staff P118 Pendant Lamp
Materials: Frosted opal glass lampshade. Orange aluminium ring diffuser. White plastic lid & canopy. White painted Bakelite é porcelain E27 socket.
Cord: 80 cm / 31.49”
Height: 27 cm / 10.62”
Width: ∅ 24 cm / 9.44”
Electricity: 1 bulb E27, 1 x 150 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Not any type of light bulb can be used. It has to be an elongated tubular bulb.
Period: 1960s, 1970s – Mid-Century Modern.
Designer: To be appraised.
Manufacturer: Staff & Schwarz Leuchtenwerke GMBH, Lemgo, Germany.
Other versions: This Staff P118 pendant lamp exists with the aluminium ring in several colours. Also made in brushed aluminium. Other rings/lampshades also exists.
Staff – Staff & Schwarz Leuchtenwerk (lighting plant) – was established by Alfred Staff and Otto Schwarz in Lemgo, (West) Germany in 1945.
Their business started as a shop for consumer goods in wood and metal as well as pesticide for controlling the Colorado potato beetle, a huge problem at that time.
Within a year they the company expanded with 15 employees and they were producing the first wrought iron luminaires. Over the next three decades, Staff was to develop into a world leader in design excellence, receiving over 200 awards for its achievements. Staff also produced lamps for other companies such as Stilnovo (Italy) and Lyfa (Denmark). In 1994 Zumtobel bought the company.
Links (external links open in a new window)
History of the company can be found here: 60 Years of Light from Lemgo – Zumtobel plant celebrates historic milestones
Many thanks to Frank from nullviernull raum+kommunikation for the beautiful pictures and enthusiasm. You can find his shop over here on Ebay.