Harvey Guzzini Diaframma Pendant Lamp
Materials: Square lampshade made of 4 orange painted adjustable metal (iron) panels/slats. Chrome tube and socket holder. Some metal parts. Steel wire. Half round chromed plastic canopy. Bakelite E27 socket.
Cord: 80 cm / 31.49” – adjustable
Width: 52,5 x 52,5 cm / 20.66 x 20.66”
Electricity: 1 bulb E27, 1 x 60 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Any type of light bulb can be used, not a specific one preferred.
Period: 1970s – Mid-Century Modern.
Designer: Fabio Lenci in 1974.
Manufacturer: Harvey Guzzini, Recanati, Italy.
Other versions: The Harvey Guzzini Diaframma pendant lamp exists in several colours. Model number: 7064. Made from 1974 until 1980.
Fabio Lenci was born in Rome in 1935. His first awarded designs were kitchens in the early sixties. For Harvey Guzzini he designed the Focus lamp series, the Luciala lamp series, the Lampione floor lamp and the Birghitta table lamp, named after his wife. He also designed lamps for Zumtobel and Ilform.
Harvey Guzzini – iGuzzini
iGuzzini illuminazione was established in June 1958 by Raimondo Guzzini (born 1928) under the name Harvey. Harvey is derived from the famous movie ‘Harvey’ with James Stuart and the invisible rabbit Harvey from 1950.
The initial production of enamelled copper objects was supplemented by decorative luminaires.
In the early sixties it became a family business when his 5 brothers joined the company. In 1962 Luigi Massoni was attracted to lead the design team. He worked for Fratelli Guzzini and Harvey Guzzini until 1976. Luigi Massoni designed many iconic lamps in that period.
The company still exists and changed the name in 1974 into iGuzzini and in 1981 to iGuzzini illuminazione.
Links (external links open in a new window)
Fabio Lenci Birghitta table lamp
Many thanks to Frank from nullviernull raum+kommunikation for the beautiful pictures and enthusiasm. You can find his shop over here on Ebay.
Logo used between 1959 and 1964. Inspired by the 1950 film “Harvey“, starring James Stewart.
Logo used between 1965 and 1977. This logo was designed by Luigi Massoni.
The architect Massoni was invited to work with Harvey as the company’s art director, a move that gave further impetus to the idea of collaborating with designers.
Between 1967 and 1971, Ennio Lucini designed the catalogue tor the DH brand, under which lamps for home lighting were marketed.
Logo used from 1974 until today, designed by Advema G&R Associati. This logo embodied the company’s entire output, which was marketed under other brands such as DH, Doma and Atelier.
It was during this period that the company began making technical products. Spot and flood lights in particular.