Vintageinfo – All About Vintage Lighting

Last Viewed

Vintageinfo Google Search

The content of this website is subject to copyright. It is forbidden to copy the text for any purpose, including commercial uses such as the sale of lamps through e-commerce websites. Please respect the work of the owner. Thank you in advance.

All Rights Reserved. Please link to the items, do not copy!

Harvey Guzzini Concentrica Pendant Lamp

Materials: Lampshade made of 2 stainless steel half round shells, diabolo style. Painted white inside. Some metal & chrome parts. Stainless steel wire. Half round chromed plastic canopy. Bakelite E27 socket.

Cord: 100 cm / 39.37” – adjustable

Height: 16 cm / 6.69”

Width: ∅ 35 cm / 13.77”

Electricity: 1 bulb E27, 1 x 60 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Any type of light bulb can be used, not a specific one preferred.

Period: 1960s, 1970s – Mid-Century Modern.

Designer: Studio 6G, the internal design team.

Manufacturer: Harvey Guzzini, Recanati, Italy.

Other versions: The Harvey Guzzini Concentrica pendant lamp exists in several colours.  Made in red, yellow, green and stainless steel. Model number: 3001. Made from 1968 until 1976.

Harvey Guzzini – iGuzzini 

iGuzzini illuminazione was established in June 1958 by Raimondo Guzzini (born 1928) under the name Harvey. Harvey is derived from the famous movie ‘Harvey’ with James Stuart and the invisible rabbit Harvey from 1950.
The initial production of enamelled copper objects was supplemented by decorative luminaires.

In the early sixties it became a family business when his 5 brothers joined the company. In 1962 Luigi Massoni was attracted to lead the design team. He worked for Fratelli Guzzini and Harvey Guzzini until 1976. Luigi Massoni designed many iconic lamps in that period.
The company still exists and changed the name in 1974 into iGuzzini and in 1981 to iGuzzini illuminazione.

Many thanks to Craig from From our house to Bauhaus for the beautiful pictures and enthusiasm. You can find his shop en Ebay over here.

Harvey Creazioni logo

Logo used between 1959 and 1964. Inspired by the 1950 film “Harvey“, starring James Stewart.

Harvey Guzzini logo

Logo used between 1965 and 1977.  This logo was designed by Luigi Massoni.

The architect Massoni was invited to work with Harvey as the company’s art director, a move that gave further impetus to the idea of collaborating with designers.

Between 1967 and 1971, Ennio Lucini designed the catalogue tor the DH brand, under which lamps for home lighting were marketed.

iGuzzini logo

Logo used from 1974 until today, designed by Advema G&R Associati. This logo embodied the company’s entire output, which was marketed under other brands such as DH, Doma and Atelier.
It was during this period that the company began making technical products. Spot and flood lights in particular.