Vintageinfo – All About Vintage Lighting

Last Viewed

  • Peill + Putzler duotone pendant lamp opal & clear red & green hand blown glass lampshade 1950s 1960s Germany
  • 1970s Torpedo chandelier chrome rod 6 long opal glass tubes Carlo Aldo Nason Mazzega Murano Italy
  • Staff bubble glass pendant chandelier cascading round smoked embossed glass lampshades chrome tubes 1960s 1970s Germany

Vintageinfo Google Search

The content of this website is subject to copyright. It is forbidden to copy the text for any purpose, including commercial uses such as the sale of lamps through e-commerce websites. Please respect the work of the owner. Thank you in advance.

All Rights Reserved. Please link to the items, do not copy!

Peill + Puzler AH 1 Pendant Lamp

Materials: Hand blown round & conical white opal frosted billow glass lampshade. Chrome lid. Some metal and black plastic parts. Bakelite E27 socket.

Cord Length: 80 cm / 31.49”

Height: 27 cm / 10.62”

Width: ∅ 30 cm / 11.81”

Electricity: 1 bulb E27, 1 x 100 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Any type of light bulb can be used, not a specific one preferred.

Period: 1960s, 1970s – Mid-Century Modern.

Designer: To be appraised.

Manufacturer: Peill + Putzler, Düren, (West) Germany.

Other versions: This Peill + Puzler AH 1 pendant lamp exists in several colours. At least made in red, orange, green, blue and white.

Peill + Putzler

Glashüttenwerk Peill und Sohn was founded in 1903 in Düren, a small town in (West) Germany. Peill und Sohn merged with Putzler (founded in 1869) in 1947 as a glass works and lighting company and became Peill + Putzler Glashüttenwerke.

The company always worked with important designers such as Wilhelm WagenfeldWilliam Brown, Helmut Demary, Aloys Ferdinand Gangkofner, Horst Tüselmann and many others.

In the 1950s 1500 people were working for the company. They also produced glass for other light companies in Europe, such as Raak, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

In 1995 the production of glass and lighting moved to Slovenia, Poland and the Czech Republic. Only the trading of lamps en glass stayed in Düren.  1 year after the 100th anniversary in 2004, bankruptcy was filed.

In 2008 the name Peill + Putzler was re-used for several years for among others the Wagenfeld lighting of the German lighting company of Paul Neuhaus.

Today the Peill + Putzler factory is called Glashütte Düren and is converted to many other businesses and conference centre.

Many thanks to Frank from nullviernull raum+kommunikation for the beautiful pictures and enthusiasm. You can find his shop over here on Ebay.