Philips OFG 150 Floor Lamp
Materials: Mat white powder coated metal (iron) round flat base. Mat white powder coated rectangular rod. White plastic parts. Semicircular revolving lampshade. Porcelain E27 socket.
Height: 190 cm / 74.80”
Lampshade: 14 x 8 cm / 5.51 x 3.14”
Base: ∅ 30 cm / 11.81”
Electricity: 1 bulb E27 halogen, 1 x 150 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Any type of light bulb can be used. But a 150 watt Philips HalogenA lamp is preferred.
Designer: To be appraised.
Manufacturer: Koninklijke Philips N.V., Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Other versions: This Philips OFG 150 floor lamp also exists in black. Several variations were made. All with a dimmer, but also remote controlled and with a timer.
Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Inspired by the fast-growing electricity industry and the promising results of Gerard Philips own experiments to make reliable carbon filaments, Frederik Philips (his father) financed the purchase of a modest factory in Eindhoven, The Netherlands in 1891. Frederik Philips was a Jewish banker based in Zaltbommel.
In 1895, after difficult first four years and a near bankruptcy, Anton Philips joined the company. Anton was the younger brother of Gerard. With his arrival, the family business began to expand rapidly. The brothers changed their family business by founding the Philips corporation. They laid the foundations for the later electronics multinational.
In 1930 the first shaver of the Philips company was introduced and was simply called “The Philishave”.
A day before the German invasion in the Netherlands on 9 Mai 1940, the Philips family fled to the United States of America, taking a large amount of the company capital with them.
Operating from the US as the North American Philips Company, they managed to run the company throughout the war. After World War II Philips was moved back to The Netherlands, with their headquarters in Eindhoven.