AV Mazzega White Table Lamp
Materials: White hand blown crystal Murana glass, made in two pieces. Chromed metal ring, some metal parts. Bakelite sockets.
Height: 63 cm / 24.80”
Width: ∅ 22 cm / 8.66”
Electricity: 2 bulbs E27, 2 x 60 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Any type of light bulb can be used. Preferable a white/opaque or frosted one.
Period: 1960s – Mid-Century Modern.
Designer: Carlo Nason.
Manufacturer: AV Mazzega, Murano Italy.
Other versions: Different heights and colours. These lamps are often used as floor lamps.
All these lamps are hand-blown and therefore all unique with a little difference in height and width. In the later editions of the 70s the top and bottom illuminate independently or both together using the floor foot switch.
AV Mazzega was founded in 1946 by Angelo Vittorio Mazzega. In 1950 his son Gianni Bruno Mazzega started working in the family’s glass factory. Gianni Bruno Mazzega is responsible for the creation of many beautiful lamps.
Today, under the watchful eye of Andrea Mazzega, grandson of Angelo Vittorio, the company works together with high-level international designers. Andrea is the president of the company since 2000.
A big model of this lamp, the Birillo (cone or skittle) – 102 cm – 40.15” can be found here on Vintageinfo: AV Mazzega Floor Lamp
A similar lamp but orange and white can be found over here:
AV Mazzega Table or Floor Lamp
Born in Murano in 1935 he grew up in one of the oldest families of Murano glass makers where experts introduced him to the most refined techniques. He quickly started to collaborate with other glass workshops, with special attention for modern design and achieving a combination of technique and craftsmanship which characterizes all his projects.
Carlo has always shown an attitude for innovation without loosing his tradition.
He has chosen AV Mazzega most of all in the 70s and 80s to develop all the collection, that today is an icon of vintage: the creation of the highest quality at the level of its design.
Other beautiful examples of this lamp
Photo of the old factory on the Murano island, taken in October 2014