Philips Infraphil 7529 Lamp
Materials: Round white plastic base. Red aluminium ring handle. Conical lampshade. Some metal and plastic parts. Porcelain E27 socket.
Height: 24 cm / 9.44”
Width: 21,5 cm / 8.46”
Base: ∅ 14,5 cm / 5.70”
Electricity: 1 bulb B22, 1 x 150 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Any type of light bulb can be used, but an infrared lamp is preferred.
Period: 1950s, 1960s – Mid-Century Modern.
Designer: To be appraised.
Manufacturer: Philips, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Other versions: The Philips Infraphil 7529 lamp exists in several models. They are all 752 models: 7525 was the first one, around 1946. 7525N is the Australian version with a Bakelite base. In 1952 model 7526 was launched. Model 7526 type 2 was the first one with a red anodised aluminium ring, before it was not coloured. 4 models exist of the 7526. After the 7526 model 7529 was introduced, it exists in 3 types. All models use a B22 socket, the reason is unclear. The Infraphil HP3609/S was the first one with an E27 socket.
The internet is filled with advertisements for this model of the Infraphil heat lamp. All attributed to Charlotte Perriand. It is a HOAX. Charlotte Perriand never designed for Philips.
Charlotte Perriand had an image of the Phillips Infraphil 7529 in her inspiration archive, which is why it was also in a book at an exhibition at the Center Pompidou in Paris, France in 2005 – 2006. People who have not read this have brought this myth into the world.
Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Inspired by the fast-growing electricity industry and the promising results of Gerard Philips own experiments to make reliable carbon filaments, Frederik Philips (his father) financed the purchase of a modest factory in Eindhoven, The Netherlands in 1891. Frederik Philips was a Jewish banker based in Zaltbommel.
In 1895, after difficult first four years and near bankruptcy, Anton Philips joined the company. He was Gerard’s younger brother. With Anton’s arrival, the family business began to expand rapidly. The brothers changed their family business by founding the Philips corporation. They laid the foundations for the later electronics multinational.
In 1930 the first shaver of the Philips company was introduced and was simply called “The Philishave”.
A day before the German invasion in the Netherlands on 9 May 1940, the Philips family fled to the United States of America, taking a large amount of the company capital with them.
Operating from the US as the North American Philips Company, they managed to run the company throughout the war. After World War II the company was moved back to the Netherlands, with their headquarters in Eindhoven.