1930s Art Deco Pendant Lamp
Materials: Chromed metal (iron and brass). Light blue hand blown crystal glass “opaline” diffuser. Brass and porcelain socket.
Chain Length: 80 cm / 31.49”
Height: 44 cm / 17.32”
Width: ∅ 25 cm / 9.84”
Electricity: 1 bulb E27, 1 x 100 watt maximum, 110/220 volt.
Any type of light bulb can be used, not a specific one preferred.
Period: 1930s – Bauhaus, Art Deco.
Designer: To be appraised.
Manufacturer: To be appraised.
Lamps in this style were, among others, designed by C.F. Otto Müller and produced by the German company Sistrah-Licht Gmbh from Carlsruhe. The lamps of Sistrah-Licht have a more sleek design but also the same light blue hand blown glass colour was used.
Sistrah-Licht Gmbh was founded in 1932 as Deutsche PH-Lampengesellschaft mbH It was a subsidiary of Müller & Zimmer from Stuttgart. The Sistrah lighting principle is based on the developments of C.F. Otto Müller in 1931 in cooperation with the Institute of Light Technology of the Technical University of Karlsruhe (Lichttechnischen Institut der TH).
Other German companies such as Siemens and AEG (Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft – General Electric Company) produced similar lamps at that time.
Many thanks to Frank from Flowermountain.be for the pictures and the enthusiasm.